Monday, July 23, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13 Del.icio.us

I dragged my feet on this assignment, initially I was put off when the site wanted to download buttons on to the tool bar. I thought that I would try to use the site at home where I could download if I chose to utilize Del.icio.us. The distractions at home proved to be numerous, but I finally tried Del.icio.us yesterday and at 12:30 a.m. I was still adding sites. No buttons actually needed to be downloaded. After creating your account, if you click on the post tab it will take you to a screen where you enter the url that you want to add. (The buttons are just the easier way.)

This is a great tool and since in the branch we use several different computers during the day, I think that it could be quite useful. It is really easy to organize your bookmarks by tags and interesting to see what sites others have bookmarked and tagged. When I was using the same computer everyday at work and then at home I probably wouldn't have continued to use Del.icio.us after this assignment, but now I'm hooked.

No comments: