Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14 - Technorati

While I originally dismissed most personal blogs as too much navel gazing, it is amazing how in such a short period of time how blogs have grown and in some respects have become almost full fledged members of "the media," as well as, becoming an established means of business communication and marketing. There are now several work related blogs, besides our own CCD and Merchandizing blogs that I read regularly.


Technorati is an amazing search engine and aggregator of what's hot in the ever expanding blogosphere. I claimed my blog (in the name of France), did a few searches, and looked at some of the most popular blogs boingboing, lifehacker, and engadget. And then I looked at some others, finally, I went to Del.icio.us and bookmarked a couple. I added some tags to my blog and then I pinged my blog (it did not require a machine that goes ping) on Technorati and did a search looking for my post - Success!!

No comments: