Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22 Downloadable Audio

I am a big fan of Overdrive, so I thought I would something different and give Project Gutenberg a try. It was very easy to download and to link to my blog; however, I did not try to transfer to a portable device so I'm not sure how that would work.

Last September I took a big road trip out west - over 1500 miles of driving, it was amazing to be able to take something about a little smaller than a cassette tape (plus a fm transmitter) and then be able to listen to over a half dozen audiobooks as well as a good selection of music. I vividly remembered a previous long trip, about 15 years prior, with only a small collection of cassettes and trying to tune in the radio when possible. Somehow it seemed whenever we could find a radio station they were playing Gary Puckett and the Union Gap...very odd.

The United States Constitution Amendments I - X The Bill of Rights from Project Gutenberg. Here's a little know fact about me - I usually have a copy of the Constitution with me. (I have actually had to refer to it a couple of times.)

No comments: